Spring Property Maintenance Checklist
Spring-Specific Maintenance Checklist
- Window screens
- Gutters / water in basement / runoff / drainage
- Parking and driveway stuff
- Small gardening and lawncare stuff
- Paint anything exterior that is needed
- Landscaping / plantings / etc.
- Overhanging trees
- Walkways, porches, etc.
- Electrical work, general
- Verify all lights are LED, working properly
- All switches and plugs proper with decent plate covers
- Replace light fixtures as needed
Twice-Annual Maintenance Checklist (spring and autumn)
- Verify presence of appropriate number of beds
- Ensure beds are secure, mattresses are clean, etc.
- Do all beds have bedding?
- Is there an extra set of bedding in a closet?
- Ensure presence of appropriate number of dressers
- Lights are all LEDs, working properly, etc.
- Plugs all tested and verified to be working, solid
- Check lockset, ensure that maintenance code is working
- Verify all locked areas have keys that are available to office
- No trash in basement, attic, closets, and other storage areas
- Test kitchen appliances
- Ask residents for reports of any maintenance issues
- Verify Narcan soap dishes are behind toilet and has unexpired Narcan
- Verify all fire extinguishers are current and located on each floor
- Test smoke detectors
- Check door knobs to make sure they are secure and operable
- All egress pathways are unobstructed